In the midst of growth in edge computing driven by hyperscale entities, an important and emergent technology, CORD (Central Office Rearchitected as a Data Center) is being rapidly deployed by a majority of global carriers in support of their edge initiatives. In a CORD deployment, service providers reconfigure their existing municipal Central Office (CO) facilities into a low-latency edge computing ‘cloudlets’ and Colocation MTDC’s.
CORD initiatives strive to replace today’s purpose-built hardware with more agile software-based elements and in doing so, ensure that legacy carrier COs become an integral part of a larger cloud strategy, enabling resilient low latency network services to customers.
This webinar will focus on the following areas:
- What is CORD? Why CORD?
- Explanation of the business/customer value proposition of CORD
- Applications that benefit from CORD builds (5G, FTTx….)
- Ongoing builds/carrier ecosystem
- Technologies supporting CORD builds (optoelectronics, power distribution, fiber….)
- Reference architecture of a typical implementation
- Physical differences in CORD infrastructure vs traditional Data Centers
Register HERE. Attendees will earn 1 BICSI CEC.